Pages

Tuesday, September 9, 2008

What I Need

So I never cease to be amazed at how God knows what I need, even when I don't have a clue.
For those that don't know last week was one of the hardest weeks I have had in probably years. I won't spell out my sob story, but suffice it to say if it could go wrong it did! So that brings me to how God is so good. I am taking a Bible study on post called "Calm my Anxious Heart" and I have to be honest I signed up because I am somewhat of a control freak and because a friend that I just adore is teaching it. However when I actually got into that study I was astounded because it is talking about Contentment! Well that has been an area I have struggled with for years, and I just know God is going to use this book to teach me a few things about not always thinking the "grass is greener". We had our first class today and I took such a feeling of peace away with me today. I also was convicted that I need to pray for a "battle buddy" someone here in my area that can connect with me in only the way another Army wife can while Steve is gone. So please add that to your prayer request.

1 comment:

Rachel said...

From one control freak to another, I often have to remind myself that while the grass may be greener on the other side, the water bill is also a lot higher! You're in our prayers! Love you!

Post a Comment