Pages

Saturday, September 13, 2008

No place like home

Today I hosted a home show at woman's house whom I just covet! And after I got home I was in a little bit of a funk from being the green eyed monster. But you know what I decided? My home reflects me and yes there are a lot of things I would like to change or add if I had the funds, however I am sure that will always be the case. It isn't always clean and we don't eat as many meals as I would like there. However it is where my children want to be whenever we are away for a significant amount of time, it is where I get to sit and relax with my husband,it is where we do sit at a table and share meals, it is where I teach my children schooling, social graces, and biblical values, and most of all it is what God gave me. Now don't get me wrong plenty of yelling and fighting and messes go on in our home, but overall my house gives me a sense of satisfaction. So in my continuing effort to be content, I looked at my home through other eyes. And guess what.... There is No Place like My Home!

2 comments:

Rachel said...

A little bird told me that your home actually resembles a page right out of the Longaberger wish list. Must be rough! (wink wink)

When God was handing out talent it was totally unfair of you to get in line twice Greedy smurf :)

Clare said...

You have the cutest kitchen of anyone I know! I am glad to hear that I am not the only one who suffers from jealousy. What a waste of our time, though! I am glad you realized what a great home you have. It's really you and other people (like me!) think it is really great (especially the clean part!).

Post a Comment