Pages

Thursday, April 11, 2013

Pinned It, Did It!!! Baked Tacos

I am determined to actually post something besides my adorable every growing baby! SO here is my first of what will hopefully be a series "Pinned It, Did It!"


I have had this pin on my "Just Say Yum" Board for forEVVAHHH! But I am glad I waited  because my first pin was from "One Good Thing by Jillee", however recently a new version floated across Pinterest from "Mommy I'm Hungry" and that version seemed more up my alley. This is how I made it, modified it, and what I will do different next time:

Baked Tacos
Ingredients:
1 lb Ground Beef
1 Small Onion chopped
1 Packet Taco Seasoning
1/2 Small Can Green Enchilada Sauce
1/2 Can of Refried Beans
10-12 Hard Taco Shells
2 Cups Shredded Cheese of Choice ( I ♥ Sharp Cheddar, but you may prefer Mexican Blend)
Toppings of Your Taste: Lettuce, Tomatoes, Olives, Sour Cream, Guacamole

Directions: Brown Beef with Chopped Onions. Add your Taco Seasoning, 1/2 can of Enchilada Sauce, and Refried Beans and mix well with Beef. Stand your taco shells in a dish, and then stuff with the meat mixture. Then top each Taco with more shredded cheese than you should;) Place in oven preheated to 425* and heat for about 10 minutes or until cheese is melted. Remove and serve with toppings of your choice!



They look yummy,huh? Well they were tasty, however as my daughter noted "Mom the shells are soggy":/ So next time I think I will try double heating the shells. I will cook them according to the pkg directions, then fill them and bake again.
Here is the pin link for the original recipe from "Mommy I'm Hungry" :http://pinterest.com/pin/69665125458465844/
You will note that I chose not to make as a big of a batch as she did. I was only feeding myself and a 9 &10 year old. So 10 tacos was plenty with leftovers (Ok not that many leftovers, I may have eaten 2 and then like 2 bites of the leftover one:/) I also have this thing about not putting tomato sauce in my Mexican recipes, it seems more like a Italian cuisine thing. So instead I opted to leave the can of chilies out and use a can of Green Enchilada Sauce that had been hanging out in my pantry for much to long. I thought the end result was a wonderful filling, it had a slight heat from using Green Sauce but not so much that my kids wouldn't eat them. You could add more sauce or beans if you don't mind your filling a bit runny. Overall I am sure my modified version will be making a reappearance on our table!

No comments:

Post a Comment