Pages

Monday, June 27, 2011

My first Applique!! Sew Cute;)

Continuing with my VBS themed crafts, I decided to do a little applique project for Gilly. I have been wanting to try one of these for a long time but didn't have a cute "idea". But with this years VBS theme being the "Big Apple" I knew exactly what I should try for my first one. This was SO simple I am not even going to bore you with step by step instructions.
All I did was take a plain white Tshirt and then it was as easy as 1,2,3...
1) Pick a pattern on which to base your applique and print it out or trace it.
2) Take your prewashed fabric and some HeatNBond and apply using pattern as directed on HeatNBond package.
3) Go around your applique using a broad zigzag stitch .

TaDa!! Super cute and easy applique in like 5 minutes. Here is a close up of my "Big Apple", but don't look to close! I was using a new stitch on my machine and it took a minute to get the hang of :/

2 comments:

Clare said...

Cute! I expect one for each of my kids when I come,especially since I don't sew. Maybe you can show me how.:)

Rachel said...

Does the Heat'n Bond actually adhere the apple fabric to the shirt? Fusible Pellon does not, but it does make the fabric pattern stiff! I'll just get some and read the instructions :)

Toooo cute. I shall make one soon!!!

Post a Comment