Pages

Friday, August 19, 2011

Makes my heart go Flip Flop!

So I am back from my many travels this summer and I already have a TON going on! However before I get into the Fall swing of things, I have a fun summer post. I put this wreath together and couldn't be more pleased with it. It is the perfect thing to hang on my front door between 4th of July & Fall. I will admit this isn't the cheapest wreath I have ever made, but I thought the result was well worth the cost:)

This really was super UNCOMPLICATED so I won't bore you with many details, I will just give you a brief overview.
1) I bought a flat wooden wreath form from Micheals. Used a 40% off coupon and I think I only paid like $6 or so. Then I spray painted it white. That is what went with my flops best but you could definetily mix things up here:)
2) I then spent WAY longer than I need to arranging the flops onto the wreath in the order I wanted. I used girls size 1 flops that I got for $1.26 a pair and ended up needing 6 pairs. If you use larger or smaller flop this number could be different. Then I hot glued all the flops onto the wreath form.
3) I bought a couple spools of coordinating ribbon at Hobby Lobby 1/2 off, and used them to make a big ole bulky bow. to fill in the spot were I couldn't fit another pair of flops and to add some dimension.


And that my friends is IT!! Honestly I think I did the whole wreath for around $20 and spent less than 1/2 hour making it (excluding spray painting & drying). Not bad for such a fun result:)

2 comments:

Clare said...

Cute on your blog, even cuter in person! It so fits with your love of flip flops. Glad to see you back blogging again.

Rachel said...

Oh I've missed you! And I love your wreath - probably because I too think flip-flops should be year-round shoes. I hate when I have to switch to 'real' shoes :(

Post a Comment