Pages

Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Tasty Tuesday- Rice Krispy Treats

Since I just finished a quick trip to visit my favoritest sister Clare , I thought it was only fitting that this Tasty Tuesday recipe be something she is "famous" for. Now if you are dismissing this recipe on the fact that you already know how to make Rice Krispy Treats, may I beg you to TRY this one! See I wasn't impressed either, till my Nina made these tasty morsels and I tasted the difference. Her recipe is a careful ratio of marshmallows to krispies, with a touch of vanilla, that when placed in the correct size pan produce the chewiest marshmallow treats I have yet to eat! 

Clare's Famous Rice Krispy Treats:
5 Cups Rice Krispies Cereal
1/4 Cup Butter (NO substitutions!)
1 teaspoon Vanilla
10 oz bag of Mini Marshmallows

Grease a 8x8 pan with butter or spray, set aside. In large pot melt your butter with the vanilla and marshmallows. Once completely melted add in your cereal, coating well. Immediately turn mixture into prepared pan. Using buttered hands push cereal mixture firmly down into pan. If you can manage to wait long enough, allow to cool before cutting to produce more attractive squares:) This recipe doubled makes a nice 9x13 pan of treats that are quite thick!

Hope you enjoy these quick and tasty treats! Be sure and drop Lara a comment if you try these and tell her how much she rocks:)

4 comments:

Rachel said...

I love rice krispie treats. I usually alter the recipes to increase marshmallows and decrease cereal....resulting in a marvelous treat!

I'll have to try Clare's recipe, sounds great!

Lisa said...

You're not helping any with my diet over here. They do look and taste yummy! I think the vanilla flavoring does the trick. I'll have to let Luke try these. He is really into cooking these days.

Clare said...

Yup, the vanilla makes all the difference.:)I had to do something to overcome all the jokes about burning rice krispy treats when I was younger....maybe this will do the trick!

Keck said...

I do love one of Clare's rice Krispy treats. They are always so chewy. Unlike the yucky ones that come in the package, most of the time those are dry, blech! But never Clare's!! Love you all, Kelly

Post a Comment