Pages

Monday, June 11, 2012

My Van Basket- Or what you need when you constantly run Errands!

I am an "On-the-Go" kinda Gal. We are in our vehicle running around town, doing errands at least 5 times a week. So I have learned that a few necessities are in order, so that I am not constantly buying things that I already have at home.
I own a Nissan MiniVan. It has a handy little "table" that sits in between the 2 front coach seats. This is where I keep my little basket of goodies. However I am sure there are plenty of spots in other vehicles to tuck such a thing.
This is what my basket looks like:
It contains 5 Main Components:

1) The First Aid! The School Size box in the back contains first aid supplies:




Nothing fancy or expensive here. Everything came from Target or a Walmart, and most is "travel" size. I have Tums, Tylenol (Both Adult & Children's), Dramamine, Benadryl, Single Packets of Sinus Medicine & Advil, Children's Benadryl & Zyrtec Single Serves, Band-aids, Gauze, Alcohol Pads, Hand Sanitizer and Kleenex. Some Odd Ball items are Bug Spray (for impromptu outdoor outings, and Tweezers for Splinters & Ticks). I usually keep a Travel Size Sunscreen in there also, but I had run out and hadn't replaced it at time of photo.

2) The Fun! The slim green box contains a few items to keep the kiddos entertained for those times we are stuck waiting in the car.
Again nothing special. I got all items except the travel "Whoonu" game at Target. I snagged the Tic Tac Toe at the little dollar spot, The Wooly Willy boards and Stretchy Caterpillar are from Party Supplies, while the Squinkies were actually from my stock pile but of course you could get them in Toys. The Travel Whoonu Game came from a kids meal!

3) The Food! The tiny clear case contains non-melty snacks.
We honestly eat in our Van a ton! So I felt no need to stock pile a great deal of snacks. I simply threw in some hard candies & some teeny packs of fruit nuggets.

4) The Paper Products. What vehicle that regulars shuttles children would be complete without the Kleenex and Wipes!
My kids are older now, so I just keep a travel pack of wipes for sticky hands. However I have a some what "snot nosed" 9 year old, so I need a full size box of Kleenex!

5) The Oddities. These are items that we simply cant do without, however I doubt most people would need to add these items to their Vehicle Basket.
The yellow capped tube is an Epi-pen. I have a severe allergy to shellfish, and while this is never a worry at home, eating out can be more dangerous. So I keep this in my van at all times. The weird black thing is a convertor for our car charging ports. It makes any port in the van (we have 3) compatible with a regular ole cord. So my kids can use their DS chargers or watch our Portable DVD player.

 It all tucks nicely and neatly in my Little Longaberger Lunch Basket!

So that wraps up my Travel Around Town Basket. Hope you got a good idea or two!

2 comments:

Rachel said...

I'm pretty sure all I have most of that stuff in my car as well, it's just not neatly tucked into a Longaberger. Usually every compartment and cup holder contains some type of snack, Kleenex or toy. I probably should corral it all together! Great idea!

Clare said...

I don't have space in my tiny car for a lunch basket, but I am thinking I need to start carrying a few entertainment items. I feel pretty guilty about playing on my phone while they are bored. ;) Can you post about your kids' carry alongside for trips?

Post a Comment